Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading "Twilight" Part I

Warning: I am apologizing in advance because I'm not exactly sure what I will be reacting to and it may reveal some portions of the book, in case, you haven't read it. But, please, don't allow my ongoing spiels deter you from experiencing it on your own.

I don't know why but I started to read the Twilight Series....excuse me, Saga. I suppose I wanted to see what all the hype was about. So let me take you back to last Saturday. Both my sisters have read them all and one tends to like it more than the other, at least, from what I gather. So during Christmas, one sister (Twilight fan) bought me a book as a gift. Unfortunately, I already had a copy so evidently it needed to be exchanged. Last Saturday, she calls from Target and asks what book I wanted. So after revealing that last week I had a dream, which strangely enough "Edward" was in it and after much discussion over this literary phenomenon AND the previous months of people nag--encouraging me into reading it I hesitantly say with a hint of laughter, "Well since Target is limited in their selection and I already have the books I really want, you could get...Twilight.". The words just flew out faster than I could comprehend exactly what it meant. And before I could change my answer, she excitedly agreed because I finally gave in. Not that I never wanted to read it but I was simply stalling because of its over exposure and of all the other vampire love stories trying to ride in its wake. Trending overkill. So I will be spieling about my reactions while I'm going through this SA-GA.

Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

No comments: