Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading "Twilight" Part 3

Working overnight has one advantage, if my employer calls me, as they did last night, to tell me that I'm not needed to come in; then I, somehow, can spend my entire evening reading the final 3/4 of the book and finishing a little after dawn. That's with plenty of breaks in between, including blogging, of course.

So I finished the book and I find myself mostly disappointed at the exchange of dialogue between the two main characters than anything else in the story. Over the top and cheesy. It's...it's...f-fictionally adolescent and naive. Yeah, I know they're teenagers but it just doesn't sound realistic. For lack of a better word, it's just corny and I'm sorry to say, for those that really like it, I couldn't hold back from laughing out loud and making solo comments.

"Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet," ARE YOU SERIOUS???

And the repeating...oh my goodness...I can't even talk about this. One word: Thesaurus.

I could go on but I'm refraining from typing out so much. Okay, those were partially my low points. The better parts of the story began more than halfway through the book where it finally picks up speed and maintains its momentum right up to the final chapter. It helps to gain some back stories and push through the action without over dramatizing it with unnecessary adjectives and metaphors. I must say that's what I liked the most; learning the back story of other characters and the final battle of good vs. evil kept me reading more. It, however, is not one novel I would jump up and down for; entertaining as it may be, it's just fun to comment and blog on.

So, I guess, if I had to rate this particular book, I'd give it 2-1/2 out of 5 stars.

And, yes, I'll be finishing the books. I'm invested now.

Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I couldn't even get halfway through the 1st one. They're terrible! If you want a laugh, check out http://www.thepalinode.com/ - he is doing a chapter-by-chapter reaction to the books and it's hilarious!

Tita B said...

Invested or junkie? I'm thinking you'll cross over to the dark side soon.

Ren said...

Hahaha! After little deliberation, I'm gonna say invested.