Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reading "New Moon" Part 2

So far so blah. It's slightly better than the first book. Slightly.

I think I read the same description 4 times in the first few chapters. Allow me to recap: "...like a marble tribute...", "...into his marble forehead.", "...his face was more like a sculpture...cold and statue-like..." Repetitive!! How many times can she describe him as a marble stone? Or his 'velvet voice'? When I had to write English papers, essays and such, they'd not only lose their spark but I'd lose points off the grade for being incapable of variety. Thesaurus, thesaurus, dictionary.

And another thing, doesn't Ms. Meyer have an editor?? If she can get away with a bestselling series with this kind of writing, then I'm gonna hunt down this editor and submit my own works of literary genius. Forgive me but Dr. Seuss is the only one that should be allowed to One Fish Two Fish his way onto bookstands.

Sent from my BlackBerry® on the MetroPCS Network

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've heard she is heavily edited! Can you imagine what it must've looked like before? Yikes!