Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Distraction Lost My Appetite

I love watching certain cooking shows and I, especially, love watching films that feature food.  They always make me want to jump in the kitchen and cook up a storm.  Yesterday, was one of those days that the TV was on on one of those channels.  It had been awhile since I've seen a Paula Deen episode and it was a special episode where she co-hosted with her eldest son.   On the menu for the day was a grilled ribeye steak with garlic mashed potatoes and deep fried oysters.  And to finish it off with a cheesecake topped with fried apples drizzled with a caramel sauce.   Sounds delicious, doesn't it?  Fattening, but delicious.
I couldn't help but notice how many times she said 'Ya'll' during that hour.  It was pretty frequent that even her son would throw in his own 'Ya'll' into the mix and by halfway through the episode I was distracted.  I even thought to myself, 'next time, I should keep a tally'.
I love Paula Deen and I've been watching her for years but please, please, please cut back on the 'Ya'll' like I would cut back on the butter.

1 comment:

VazLis said...

Ya'll need to ........... I love her cooking show as well but I would cut back all of the fatty ingredients that she tends to use in all of her recipes.