Friday, January 6, 2012

"I'd Like To Use My Lifeline"

I meant to get an early start today but that was abruptly put on hold because I needed to charge my cell phone.  So here I am, instead, talking about it, digesting breakfast, and waiting for my phone to get enough juice that will last me throughout the afternoon.  (I normally carry my charger with me but today is an I'm-on-the-go kinda day.  In most cases, I would have left it behind and ran my errands without it but, unfortunately, I need my cell phone because I'm on-call today.
How did I get here?  How do I put on-hold the things I need to get done all because I need to recharge my phone?  I remember growing up without an answering machine.  If someone called and there was no answer, they would have called back later.  Simple.
Now?  We're much more accessible through cell phones, text msgs, email, etc.  I hate to say it but my phone is my lifeline.....Ahhhh, here we go, 86%.  That's good enough for now.

Enjoy the rest of the day, Happy Friday!!

No comments: