Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Chili, Soup, & Stew Season!


I spent close to two hours shoveling my driveway with an actual shovel.  We have no snowblower and apparently I'm the only one in the house that will get out there and do it.  And since my roommate has zero motivation to do anything that pertains to the interior and exterior of this house and the fact that my roommate is gone all weekend, it's up to me.  It snowed about 6 inches the night before and continued onto the next day with an additional 6-8 inches.  So I basically shoveled an entire driveway with a foot of snow...alone.  Thank goodness for my iPod; made it feel like it went a lot faster.  So the upside is that I got a full body workout in, I have the house to myself, and I made myself a huge pot of chili to last me all weekend.   A nice sized bowl of hot, spicy, chili to warm and cheer me right up!!

Pictured:  my first bowl for the weekend.

No comments: